KTM 65 Kickstart not returning completely

No replies to this topic
  • troy306

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:32 AM

My Son's friend has a 2004 KTM 65 that the kickstart does not fully return. Its sloppy loose in the upright position and when the bike is started it clicks. I removed the clutch cover and inspected the mechanism and everything looks to be okay. However I am use to Kawasaki's and Yamaha's which have a hole which the large spring goes in to keep tension on it. The KTM does not and has about a half inch of play in the spring. I guess my question is, do I preload the spring? and if so how much? It just seems that the gears all move until the clutch basket is put back on, and when on the spring is covered up. Glad im a Kawasaki person!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.