Another Problem with yz450 . coolant leaking from the hole =)

3 replies to this topic
  • mrzolkin

Posted March 26, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hello. =)

Here is my last post that I already had fixed. http://www.thumperta...ke-please-help/

I changed CAM Chain, Sliders, Piston + Rings

Everything was fine! But now my coolant leaking from that hole

Posted Image

And even if I stop my engine, coolant leaking about 5 min long. It will stop if I open cap.

For 3-5 min I have amount of coolant that follows:

Posted Image
Posted Image

What did I do wrong? Because before I changed piston, everything was fine.

I hope you will be able to help me. ) thx

• VetRacer75

Posted March 27, 2012 - 02:32 AM

Hi mate that hole is the tell tale hole, to tell you that your impellor seal needs to be replaced on your water pump, easy fix.
Your local dealer should have one in stock and just check the condition of the shaft for corrosion or any deep grooves before she goes back in.
From memory i think you have to drop oil, pull side cover off and actually get to it from the inside of the case, take impellor off shaft, i wouldn't recomend trying to change it from the outside without inspecting the bearing and shaft ect, but thats what my bro did on his, and it has stopped the leak...other might have too.
I reused the gaskets take care when removing.
Cheers, Chris.

Edited by Chris Windolf, March 27, 2012 - 02:33 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 27, 2012 - 06:47 AM

Read:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=940018

• mrzolkin

Posted March 27, 2012 - 11:41 PM

Thanks guys! Thanks Chris! Unfortunately we do not have ANY dealers in Russia at all =))
I hate it that!

However, every part that I need to replace I need to order from eBay, and thats very long process - 40 days. =(

So I will try to do it your way, thx man! )

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.