radiator overflow

1 reply to this topic
  • Garysyz400

Posted August 26, 2001 - 07:44 AM

Has anyone experienced radiator fluid pissing out of the overflow tube when the motor is revved? I have gotten a few different possibilities...and have eliminated a few also...I eliminated a blown head gasket cause the engine oil isn't milky. I 've also eliminated a bad radiator cap by replacing it. I was thinking it could possibly be the impeller bearing? I am going to do a compression test today on the motor and think I need to do a pressure test on the radiator also. Is it possible the radiator could be clogged somehow? I highly doubt it since I drain and refill every 4 months. Anyway any help or thoughts would be very usefull, Thanks, Gar

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted August 26, 2001 - 10:28 AM

If you fill the radiator to the top, it will discharge some as it heats up due to thermal expansion. If you leave about an inch below the neck, it will stay at that level. It used to alram me that my '00 would squirt some coolant out and I kept refilling to the top. Once I allowed the cooling system to reach equilibrium, it no longer loses any coolant and has kept the same level for 4 months. I check it before I start the engine for the first time of the day.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.