Colorado

RIP Rich

94 replies to this topic
  • FLYBRI70

Posted March 20, 2012 - 06:54 AM

For anyone who knew Rich Pumo (Rich1167) got a phone call from his wife this morning that he passed away last night. She doesn't know much of the off road community so wanted me to pass it on to those who knew him.

Thoughts and prayers out to the family and we will miss you!

• redhurricane

Posted March 20, 2012 - 08:37 AM

I am without words. What happened????

Rode with Rich a few times. Planned on more. Fantastic guy.

• Ray_B.

Posted March 20, 2012 - 09:39 AM

Very sad. Rich was a great guy.

• Shuffler

Posted March 20, 2012 - 10:39 AM

Condolences. Just heard about this over on Adventure Rider and came here to see if anybody knew what happened. Life is too short - make it count every day.

• dirtaddict23

Posted March 20, 2012 - 11:13 AM

Shocking........he just raced on Sun. and was posting here yesterday. RIP Rich............sorry we never got hooked up for that ride. Condolences and prayers out to his family.

• endurodog

Posted March 20, 2012 - 11:21 AM

Very sad news, a very good guy. Will miss seeing him at the races and riding areas. RIP

• FLYBRI70

Posted March 20, 2012 - 12:10 PM

For those who are wondering what happened, while working underneath his truck he had a jackstand or a ramp fail causing the truck to fall on top of him. That's all the details I got from Vicki this morning.

• CRSpeedy

Posted March 20, 2012 - 12:28 PM

This is absolutely devastating... I'm still in shock and disbelief.

Rich was the best riding partner you could ask for and an even better friend. He was always itching to ride and the harder a trail got, the bigger his smile became and the louder his laugh grew. Those who knew him know what a generous heart he had and I'll always admire his eagerness to help others, including myself. Looking back through my pictures with Rich, half of them show him pushing me up a hill I couldn't quite make. That's just the type of guy he was.

I'm so thankful for all the trails we've ridden, the road trips we've taken, the beers we've drank, the laughs we've shared and the enduro war stories we've exaggerated together. Rich was a class act and he will be sincerely missed by myself, my family, the riding community and countless others. My deepest thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP, Rich. You will never be forgotten.

• shanemuntz

Posted March 20, 2012 - 12:36 PM

thanks for the support guys. My dad was a truly great man and i wish i could still go ride with him more than anything.

• redhurricane

Posted March 20, 2012 - 12:37 PM

This is absolutely devastating... I'm still in shock and disbelief.

Rich was the best riding partner you could ask for and an even better friend. He was always itching to ride and the harder a trail got, the bigger his smile became and the louder his laugh grew. Those who knew him know what a generous heart he had and I'll always admire his eagerness to help others, including myself. Looking back through my pictures with Rich, half of them show him pushing me up a hill I couldn't quite make. That's just the type of guy he was.

I'm so thankful for all the trails we've ridden, the road trips we've taken, the beers we've drank, the laughs we've shared and the enduro war stories we've exaggerated together. Rich was a class act and he will be sincerely missed by myself, my family, the riding community and countless others. My deepest thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP, Rich. You will never be forgotten.

You've said what I have been sitting here for the last few hours trying to figure out how to verbalize. Thank you.

I too have pictures of Rich helping my wife up an icy hill, all smiles.

This is just tragic.

• redhurricane

Posted March 20, 2012 - 12:38 PM

If the family is in need of anything, can someone please get contact information and send via PM?

• CRSpeedy

Posted March 20, 2012 - 12:53 PM

thanks for the support guys. My dad was a truly great man and i wish i could still go ride with him more than anything.

I can't even begin to express how sorry I am, Shane. If there's any way myself or any of us can help, please don't hesitate to ask. As you said, your dad was a truly great man and there are countless of us who would jump at any opportunity to help re-pay him and your family for all he's done for us, in any way, shape or form.

• schectanator

Posted March 20, 2012 - 01:37 PM

I was fortunate enough to be introduced to Rich through a good friend, CRSpeedy, at an enduro a few years ago. I met Rich the night before my very first enduro and I can remember countless words of encouragement and advice he happily gave me. I can add to the testimonies of his graciousness and character. During the last enduro I was fortunate enough to race with Rich, I went down in a timed wooded section and my bike was damaged and I couldn't finish. I stood next to my bike for about 30 minutes while riders flew by trying to keep time. I then saw Rich racing through the trees with the intent to win. He spotted me and immediately stopped and asked if I was okay and what he could do to help. He said he would let officials know I was stuck. He proceeded to finish in 3rd in his class!

There is one line that I remember hearing Rich repeat over and over at every race - "I love enduros! It's just a race with 300 of your riding buddies!"

My thoughts are with his friends and family.

• T-Doshi9

Posted March 20, 2012 - 01:40 PM

Oinrinreoighreoighreilbnwrlivnwrlivnlrwignwrinvioh. I hurt so bad hearing this news! He touch many of our lives! I coincided him one of my best friends here in Colorado! A perfect friend and whiling to do anything for anyone. I for one will miss him greatly! I'm glad I got to ride with you on Sunday! Shane and your family need anything and I'm there! I'm soo sorry I lost a great friend but for your loss I have no words for it! Bri call me when you can 7192142557. Shane I'm pretty sure you have my number but if not and you need ANYTHING please don't hesitate contacting me!

Edited by T-Doshi9, March 20, 2012 - 01:41 PM.

• T-Doshi9

Posted March 20, 2012 - 02:51 PM

anyone with pictures can you please post them up here? high res!!! i am doing something for the family! thanks! if you can't or don't want to post them please pm me or send them to my email! tdoshi9@gmail.com i have a ton of pictures but want some that show his friends that he has met and try to picture the people he has touched from the TT community! GREAT GUY! truley one of the best people i have ever met! i have rode with him just about every month i have known him! he was one of the first people i met here in the regional forum and we have been great friends every since. i don't have to tell you guys as if you have met him then you know! that man has met me on the highway to help tighten my lugnuts after a AAA tried to kill me! he has drove all they way down to help me fix my crf450 when the stator was messed up! we have camped together countless times! rode enduro races.. hare scrambles! i can't even count how many times we have tried to kill ppir and rip the track away! winter trips to puebleo cause its snowing everywhere else! he was a great man and i will miss him greatly! Ride those tight single tracks int he sky! "how bout it?"

Edited by T-Doshi9, March 20, 2012 - 03:05 PM.

• redhurricane

Posted March 20, 2012 - 04:04 PM

I sadly don't have many, but you can see he was always the guy to help someone else and always with a smile on his face

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

5 seconds after looping the new KTM in the parking lot
Posted Image

Riding someone else's bike up for them (click on the pic for video)
Posted Image

Edited by redhurricane, March 20, 2012 - 04:06 PM.

• redhurricane

Posted March 20, 2012 - 04:11 PM

More pics of Rich here

http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=520510

• redhurricane

Posted March 20, 2012 - 04:37 PM

Rich's first post to me, not even knowing me offered to send me gps tracks and I ended up going to his house for a gigantic printed map of the area (3ftx4ft). I still have that map.

+1 for White Wash. PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you GPS files with directions on how to get their.

• no2tracks

Posted March 20, 2012 - 04:44 PM

How tragic! RIP Rich.

• DEMI

Posted March 20, 2012 - 04:52 PM

I am really sorry for all of you guys... too young and too soon, very sad.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.