exhaust header

7 replies to this topic
  • The Hopper Show

Posted March 20, 2012 - 12:32 AM

took a chance and a straight used header off of ebay for cheap since mine has a dent in it. and thanks to the guy who bid me up five bucks if you are on here. :thumbsup:

seller claimed he did not know exactly what it fit, but had bought it for his wr450 or his brothers yz450. i wanted to run it by you guys and see what you thought. have not measured anything yet, but holding it next to my old one that is still on the bike it looks similiar.

the part number stamped on my old one is y-5tj, and on this new one is y-5jg. does anyone know what it is off of, and will it fit my 2005 wr450? looks to be titanium, not stainless. but who knows.

• The Hopper Show

Posted March 20, 2012 - 01:33 PM

no one?

• MaxPower

Posted March 22, 2012 - 08:41 AM

Im almost certain it will work.
All 400/426/450 will interchange unil the Aluminum Frame models in 06 YZ
the quad header will even fit

• grayracer513

Posted March 22, 2012 - 03:10 PM

5JG indicates it was made for a YZ426. It should fit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Hopper Show

Posted March 22, 2012 - 06:04 PM

oh good news! do i need anything special to change it out with? or just unbolt and bolt back on? any special goop or anything?

• MaxPower

Posted March 23, 2012 - 02:43 PM

probably the easiest part to work on the 450 other than the side plate bolts ,It only gets tougher from here

• The Hopper Show

Posted March 25, 2012 - 07:23 PM

so it definately worked. overall it was slightly shorter than the stock one. but it bolted up and fit absolutely perfectly. the only issue is the wr450 heat shield cannot be used as the holes dont line up for the screws. so i will have to come up with something for that. its a nice pipe though and fits well.

• still2smokin

Posted March 25, 2012 - 07:53 PM

I like this guys idea for the heat sheild http://www.thumperta.../page__st__2740
post # 2753 .You could do this with what does not line up. My dremel will be hard at work making this happen
after the novelty of my new power bomb turning blue wears off : )

Edited by still2smokin, March 25, 2012 - 08:00 PM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.