CRF is here

8 replies to this topic
  • mikeolichney

Posted August 23, 2001 - 08:19 AM

Our big red competitor is here: http://www.transworl...m?alias_id=7598

• Jason_in_KC

Posted August 23, 2001 - 08:28 AM

Be ready for the mags to blanket us with 450 this and 450 that, we have had the spotlight for some time though. I will still credit Yamaha for breaking new ground and that alone should award loyalty. The write up said, almost non-existent engine breaking! Why buy a 4stroke if you don't get the advantage of engine breaking. For 2stroke converts it may be nice, however, engine breaking while under breaking is an energy saver in my book. More to follow I'm sure.

• Roostie_1

Posted August 23, 2001 - 08:54 AM

No big deal....bring one to the track and my'01 426 will show it a big, fat holeshot!!!

• lewichris

Posted August 23, 2001 - 10:20 AM

I cant wait to see what yamaha has cooking that we dont know about. I am sticking with my old blue. But you all know there will be alot of people selling their bikes to by this one. Might be able to bick up a nice thumper for a nice price. But we can let them have a little spotlight. i think that the YZ/WR will always rule.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RacerX

Posted August 23, 2001 - 11:18 AM

The article says the 450F is 13 lbs less than the 426F - if so, it's about 10 lbs more than the 250F. Guess I'll keep my 250F for a while and see what the CR250F specs out at next year. My son is bugging me to let him have my YZ250F, sounds like a good excuse to get myself a new bike next year (blue or red???).

• sirthumpalot

Posted August 23, 2001 - 01:54 PM

It's interesting that they think it's 10 pounds lighter. I don't have any reason to doubt them, but I thought that it was odd that they didn't site their source. Is this the "Honda" numbers, or did they put it on a scale?

In any event, hopefully someone will a more in depth review out soon, or better yet a thumper shoot out! It will be cool to see which of the bikes is actually the best in real world racing as john q public starts racing these things.

One last comment. I thought that it was funny that they claim that the 426 is "lazy" down low. This doesn't sound like my '01 at all, maybe this was a past year model?

• jamracing

Posted August 24, 2001 - 04:24 AM

I think we are witnessing a new breed of racing four strokes...BRING IT ON!!

01' WR426
99' YZ400
87' FZR1000
Uh, like twist the throttle...

• wildair99

Posted August 24, 2001 - 04:36 AM

i agree sirthumpalot, lazy down low?????who said this, there's plenty all the way thru

Posted August 24, 2001 - 03:49 PM

I have a 51 tooth rear sprocket on my
01' YZ 426, and it rips down low !!!

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.