applied racing triple clamp and scots damper

3 replies to this topic
  • scorch

Posted October 13, 2003 - 02:19 PM

Will they work together. Because I want to install a scots steering damper on my bike, but dont know if I need some adapter to make it fit.

I dont have the stock triple clamp. I have a applied racing triple clamp with the pro taper mount.

Anyone know? and where to buy the stuff online.

• loufish

Posted October 13, 2003 - 05:35 PM

I think you can get the Scotts upper bar clamp adapter(1 piece) that fits the Applied clamps...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • azxrgreg

Posted October 13, 2003 - 09:56 PM

You will need the Scotts mount (crown).It should bolt right up to the applied clamp if you order it specifically for the XR650R. I'm just not sure if they sell the mount without the triple clamp.I use the Applied "wrap" clamp with 1.5" bar risers and the Scotts universal stabilizer mount.My stabilizer has a shorter arm and is positioned backwards. The tower bolts on where the dipstick is.Because the throttle cables route across this area, I used XR400 throttle cables (they are longer) and routed in front of the steering head.I bought my stuff from Thumper Racing (800)259-5186. You can go to or call Scotts at (818)248-2453. Hope this helps.

• HaremScarem

Posted October 13, 2003 - 11:57 PM

You can buy the bar clamp and bolt on frame bracket assembly separately.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.