Anyone familiar with Morgan Hill area?

4 replies to this topic
  • Roostn67

Posted August 22, 2001 - 06:40 PM

I'm wondering what the area south of San Jose, specifically Morgan Hill is like. Is there any trail riding within a hundred miles? Is it heavy vegetation or desert like? Can a regular Joe on an average salary afford to live there or would he want to live there? What's the racing scene like as far as diversity. Is there dirt track, roadracing speedway and MX? What are the local roads like? Can a guy on a sportbike get lost in some canyons and rail or is it all built up?

Roostn in Denver

• Unkle_Moose

Posted August 22, 2001 - 08:19 PM

Hello Roostn67 "What In The Wide World Of Sports Is A Going On Here"? Why would you want to move from COLORADO to the Silicon Valley :) (Road Riding) Yes there is some good riding within 30minutes. (Racing) Your about 30-45 minutes from LAGUNA SECA RACEWAY I think they still have an MX Track there. Your 30 minutes from METCALF PARK CA OHV Park to the north and HOLLISTER HILLS CA OHV Park to the south ( upper ranc has MX & Cross Country Racing) You are also about 1.5 hours from CLEARCREEK Riding area, it is in the PINNACLES NATIONALMONUEMENT (the hold the QUICKSILVER NATIONAL ENDURO There) Your also about 90 minutes or more from PISMO BEACH. I don't know what kind of riding there is on the Central Coast. Try these sites for more info. www.ama-d36.org and www.offroadrider.com Oh yes everywhere in Northern CA is expensive, HOLLISTER might be alittle bit cheaper then Morgan Hill about 15-20 minutes south. Good Luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MojaveMutt

Posted August 23, 2001 - 08:08 AM

So called affordable housing in Morgan Hill or Hollister starts at or a little above $300 K , and you aint gonna get much for that price. Due to the dot coms and high tech firms nearby this is a very expensive area to live in. Traffic is gridlocked on Hwy 101 morning and evenings.

Glenn

• DaveJ

Posted August 23, 2001 - 08:30 AM

I live in the valley as well, so ditto to all the prior comments.

I also ride Club Moto in Livermore which is easier to get at than Hollister from the San Jose area. If you're in Morgan Hill or Gilroy, Holliser will mostly be the place of choice. However, during the summer it's just about useless.

And you will have to have a green sticker for MetCalf and perhaps next year for Hollister. Metcalf is small and best for quick training or testing rides, or a place to take the kids.

DaveJ

• DirtDgr

Posted August 23, 2001 - 02:47 PM

Not all of Nor Cal is expensive...yet! You guys are too far south. Yes you get paid the big bucks but its all relative. My house was only 70G. 3bd2bth in town two blocks from the lake.

Im also surrounded in all directions by great riding areas...actual riding parks and a few private spots(with permision of course).

After riding on a hot day just hop in the boat for some boardin.

Sure I only make 20 an hour but for that I have all this..and a 426. Life is good!

Dave

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.