Miss/Stumble at 'cruising speed' (rpm related)

2 replies to this topic
  • trevor450f

Posted March 16, 2012 - 11:40 PM

I've recently rebuilt my '03 (new crank, and all bearings). I also added an hour meter.

I finally took it out for a good ride since its been rebuilt, and I'm noticing a miss or stumble at a specific rpm. My best guess is its at 75% throttle. I first noticed it while cruising down the road, but checked it in other gears and it does the same. It has lots of power up to this spot, then stumbles a bit, then lots of power out the top rpms. I have also started running premium fuel in it, I ran just pump gas in it before it blew up (I know, I know).

Where should I start? Is this likely a jetting issue?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 17, 2012 - 07:20 AM

What's the difference between pump gas and premium? You're not saying that you are cruising down the road at 3/4 throttle, are you?

• trevor450f

Posted March 17, 2012 - 07:44 AM

Sorry, 'pump gas' was just regular (89 or 87) out of a bulk tank of our own. Premium is 91 or 93 I think.

My best guess is that it is somewhere in the 75% range when I'm on the road. It seems to be missing right when I'm about to up-shift in each gear. Is cruising at 75% not good?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.