Trail Tech Vapor on Late model WR450F?

4 replies to this topic
  • pschiess

Posted March 16, 2012 - 07:13 PM

Has anyone here mounted a Trail Tech Vapor to a 2007 or newer wr450? I am thinking of going that way but not sure if it is worth the hassle and cost. Any advice?

• n16ht5

Posted March 16, 2012 - 08:55 PM

had one on my XR... dont bother. The stock WR unit is way more durable. get a seperate temp gauge and works conn tach/hr meter

I mounted mine here and it displays the RPM when running, the HRs when off. I really like it. Going to get some thermal stickers for temperature.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikewrf18

Posted March 17, 2012 - 05:33 AM

had one on my XR... dont bother. The stock WR unit is way more durable. get a seperate temp gauge and works conn tach/hr meter

I mounted mine here and it displays the RPM when running, the HRs when off. I really like it. Going to get some thermal stickers for temperature.

Posted Image

I helped mount a vapor on a friend of mine's DRZ. If you are riding in alot of wet stuff, and mud, it will fail rather quickly. At least that's the experience we had with his. All it took was mud and rain, and the unit would start reading incorrectly and bounce around numbers and such irradically.
My stock unit on my 07 WRF has never failed me yet. If you are planning on just riding in drier conditions the Vapor may be a good unit for you though.

Edited by mikewrf18, March 17, 2012 - 05:35 AM.

• GlennR

Posted March 17, 2012 - 11:08 AM

I wish the stock US 08' unit I have had an odometer on it. I might try to find one on ebay. I will at least mount a tach/hour meter like you did, how does Yamaha expect you to keep up with maintainence without an hour meter or odometer?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted March 17, 2012 - 02:44 PM

Has anyone here mounted a Trail Tech Vapor to a 2007 or newer wr450? I am thinking of going that way but not sure if it is worth the hassle and cost. Any advice?

Its worth it.. It adds a few features over stock. But... be sure to get one of those billet protectors for it. WIthout that, it is fragile. WIth it, it lasts a while.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.