Chain rubbing shifter

3 replies to this topic
  • DPW

Posted August 22, 2001 - 04:14 PM

Does anyone else have a problem with the chain rubbing the shifter by the shift shaft ? The chain is tightened to specs. I replaced both sprockets with AFAM parts and replaced the chain with a DID 520VM X-ring. Anyone else with same setup? I don't know if the offset of the AFAM counter sprocket is less than the stocker. I didn't have the problem till I replaced the chain and sprockets.

Thanks for your help
Dennis
'99 YZ400F

• F-Pilot

Posted August 22, 2001 - 06:33 PM

I can't see how it's possible unless you are missing the lower chain roller. Are you?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted August 24, 2001 - 02:40 PM

The lower chain roller is there, a bit worn though, but I wouldn't think enough to rub the top of the shifter

• sirthumpalot

Posted August 24, 2001 - 05:00 PM

I took a close look at my '01 tonight and the only possible way that I see that the chain could rub the shifter is if you either 1) Had a super monster front sprocket, or 2) routed the chain incorrectly and under the frame bar next to the foot peg and under the bottom chain roller. Otherwise I don't see how the chain would ever reach the shifter... Are you sure it's tightened to spec?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.