honda oem part numbers

5 replies to this topic
  • Nayther

Posted March 14, 2012 - 10:47 AM

anyone know how to read Honda part numbers? I'm trying to cross reference some stuff and some of the numbers are the same but some are different

here's one:
52479-mey-000 450x
52479-men-710 450r

since the first numbers are the same is this the same part?

• Kah Ran Nee

Posted March 14, 2012 - 10:51 AM

I use bike bandit to cross reference parts. They use their own numbering system ,but it always seems correct.

• CRF DOC

Posted March 14, 2012 - 11:12 AM

Honda does not use multiple numbers for the same part. Each unique number is a different part.

That is not to say that a part will not interchange with a different model, but just cause the prefix number is the same doesn't mean the part is the same.

• YZEtc

Posted March 14, 2012 - 12:04 PM

The 52479 means where on the bike the part fits, and in this case, it's the part of the shock linkage called the rod.
That part of the shock linkage on a completely different model of Honda just may have the same 52489 at the front of it.
So, all it tells you is that it's part of the shock linkage.

The MEY is a Honda model code first used on the 2005 CRF-450X.
The MEN is a model code first used on the 2002 CRF-450R.

The 000 and 710 is what the Honda parts catalogues call a process design code.

• Nayther

Posted March 14, 2012 - 12:57 PM

The 52479 means where on the bike the part fits, and in this case, it's the part of the shock linkage called the rod.
That part of the shock linkage on a completely different model of Honda just may have the same 52489 at the front of it.
So, all it tells you is that it's part of the shock linkage.

The MEY is a Honda model code first used on the 2005 CRF-450X.
The MEN is a model code first used on the 2002 CRF-450R.

The 000 and 710 is what the Honda parts catalogues call a process design code.

Thanks, that's the kind of info. I was looking for.

I'll check Bike Bandit as well Krannie, thanks.

• David B

Posted October 01, 2012 - 10:05 AM

Servicehonda.com has a great system for look up and ordering parts as well.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.