26 replies to this topic
  • skthom2320

Posted June 07, 2002 - 06:58 PM

When changing the needle clip position I put the needle and clip inside a plastic sandwich bag. Then work from outside the bag. If you finger-fumble the clip it won't fly away!

• yamaha.dude

Posted June 07, 2002 - 08:18 PM

To clean up old spark plugs, just spray with oven cleaner, let sit for 24 hours, and then use some brake cleaner to rinse off... dress the electrode with a points file, and then set the gap... good as new...

• Boit

Posted June 07, 2002 - 09:44 PM

Geez...this post was from nearly a year ago, but it was timely and was thinking about offering this suggestion. I've made list of race day items to make sure I have packed. There is a sinking feeling when you forget the simplest of things to bring to the track. I made this list and keep it in my truck's console to scan over quickly before I leave the driveway. It works well and has saved me headaches. The list is: (and edit as you see fit)

knee brace
ankle brace
chest protector
kidney belt(s)
ear plugs
fork tie-down support
soft tie-downs
chain lube
triangle or center stand
brake fluid
ice chest
vitamins(prescription drugs)
snacks, food
chair, stool, table
hat(for covering ugly sweaty helmet head)
tap water jugs for washing the sweat and dirt off

This list fits my personal needs. There has not been a single time when I've left for the track that I didn't run through this list and see something I forgot. This list saved my day.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grashoper250

Posted June 07, 2002 - 10:23 PM

Bill, I just got done smoking a HDM with a couple Coronas, came in the house and saw your post. Man, what timing - Your a good man.

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted June 08, 2002 - 01:56 AM

Originally posted by mor:

1. i cover my air box with a women stocking on top, it keeps the dirt out and still let the air get in...

Son, you've got a panty on your airbox.

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 08, 2002 - 04:16 AM

Gees All these answers what can I add

Oh I got one
Dont post picks of you crashing on this forum

These guys are brutal :D

Mor Glad to see ya reregistered :D
How Ya doing ? Sorry have not kept up been real buzy at work with upgrades this last two weeks.
Oh Ya Boit:
Mor advice on the panties, Make sure your wife has THROWN THEM AWAY FIRST Big mistake if ya dont. :)
I was gnna add a pic of the slide hammer I use to remove bearing races, "BaddaBing BaddaBom"
But I did not want to start another flame with Stevo Jacov :D me Bad

[ June 08, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• SkinSF

Posted June 08, 2002 - 01:34 PM

Great post. I have a technique for keeping your bike looking good and help keep the dirt from building up under the fenders and on the frame. This works really good when it rains at the Hwy 90 LA supercross track near your house. I hate black jack mud.

I use the spray on wax (Turtle Wax Formula 2001). It makes the plastic look like new. The dirt does not stick to it. What does stick washes off real easy. Most time the remaining dirt falls off as soon as you start the Blue Beast. Don't use it on your rims if you are attached to the painted on Tukasago EXCEL labels.

Bill, I like your style. I enjoy kicking back and enjoying a Cigar on the way home from the races. I also enjoy a single malt and stogy after I wash the beast.

Ride On

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.