Radiators

5 replies to this topic
  • 2359cliff

Posted March 13, 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hi guys.does any one know if the rads from a 2009 wr450 will fit the 2011 wr , looking at the performance rads on EBay , but sellers only doing these rads upto 2009. Seems a good up grade at a bargain price. Any feedback on these rads would also be gratefully received ,many thanks Cliff. Sorry if this has been covered, I'm new!!!!!!! Have searched to no avail!

• woods-rider

Posted March 13, 2012 - 12:52 PM

Same radiators.

2011:
http://www.motosport...F/RADIATOR-HOSE

2009:
http://www.motosport...F/RADIATOR-HOSE

Edited by woods-rider, March 13, 2012 - 12:56 PM.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 14, 2012 - 06:24 AM

Correct, 07-11 are the same

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GlennR

Posted March 14, 2012 - 04:56 PM

I crushed a rad on my DRZ400 a few months ago and bought a pair of the ebay ones that were only $110 per pair delivered. When they arrived I was very impressed with the quality. All welded instead of crimped. Beefed up and enlarged a little, and the cores were quite a bit deeper than stock. I'm sure they had better cooling capacity than stock.

If you're trying to increase your cooling capacity I think they'd help. The bonus is you could probably sell the used OEM ones and make a little profit, pretty cool to make $$ on an upgrade for a change.

I just checked my ebay history, but didn't see the seller info listed.

• Birdy426

Posted March 14, 2012 - 07:01 PM

I've got a pair on my 426, a pair on my son's WR250, and a pair on my 97WR250 pinger...can't go wrong for the price. Welds are strong but ugly, took a little "tweaking" to get all of 'em to fit (particularly stub angles for the hose connections), and the ones on the 426 had to be "finessed" with a die grinder to fit DeVol Radiator guards, but they do take a beating and have a lot more capacity than stockers. Still, for price and perfromance, you can't go wrong...more than worth the hassles of fitment. Though there are several sellers on e-bay, I would guess they are all manufactured at the same plant in China.

• 2359cliff

Posted March 15, 2012 - 08:59 AM

Thanks for the info guys, ordered!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.