New quiet exhaust & CA Legal!

1 reply to this topic
  • Poway Rider

Posted October 12, 2003 - 04:50 PM

After getting some great advice from this board (Thanks to The Blue One in particular), I installed a Pro Circuit 496 (96 dB CA legal pipe) on my WR450 last week. I rode about 60 miles in the desert today and am glad to report that the performance was awesome - very comparable power to the stock pipe without the plug. The pipe is expensive and I had a few hassles with installing the it - no install instructions provided and no mounting hardware provided (YZ upper rubber grommet, collar and a longer bolt are needed) and bad info from PC on jetting. PC recommended a 162/40 combo and it ran like crap. The local dealer was able to dial it in with a 162/45 - which was the ticket! The pipe is solid, looks great and fits very nicely. I am a happy and noise level compliant rider!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • teamgreen

Posted October 12, 2003 - 08:21 PM

Thanks for the jetting info. :)

Manny :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.