2011 yz450f spongy front brake

7 replies to this topic
  • APlusAutoParts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 08:17 AM

I did search and read through the posts on TT, what it appears is that you guys bought 2009 crf master cylender's. I see one on motosport brand new for $125 which i intend to buy, but my question is does anything else need to be replaced (brake line, caliper, calper bracket)? I would really prefer to hear from people who have done this already. Thanks

• VetRacer75

Posted March 12, 2012 - 12:40 PM

Initially I put on a I put on a braided brake line and that seemed to work initially, however after a few laps the spongy feeling resurfaced slightly but not as bad. Then put on over sized rotor and re blead the line and that did the trick, i only use 1 finger on lever now with good feel and ample stopping power.

• VetRacer75

Posted March 12, 2012 - 12:42 PM

I'll add the rotor is just a no name off eBay works well with new genuine pads no obvious sign of wear yet, about 7 hours MX.

Edited by Chris Windolf, March 12, 2012 - 12:49 PM.

• APlusAutoParts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 04:23 AM

Initially I put on a I put on a braided brake line and that seemed to work initially, however after a few laps the spongy feeling resurfaced slightly but not as bad. Then put on over sized rotor and re blead the line and that did the trick, i only use 1 finger on lever now with good feel and ample stopping power.

I guess i will try that first but, i have never done anything like this before so like my original question does the caliper or caliper bracket have to be changed or adjusted to fit the oversized rotor?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • APlusAutoParts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 04:27 AM

I answered my own question on motosport the oversized rotor comes with pads and a caliper bracket, so now i have 2 more question the most importan why is a rotor a set of pads and a bracket $350 do you know of any cheaper ones and second when i have to replace the brake pads it "oversized" a standard size?

• aja342

Posted March 13, 2012 - 06:37 AM

E-bay! there is a kit for $199

they use a standard size pad.

Edited by aja342, March 13, 2012 - 06:56 AM.

• almostinvincible119

Posted March 14, 2012 - 12:26 AM

I use the EBC 280mm kit with a braided stainless line. Its touchy, but it still has some potential. I have heard that the 09 CRF master cylinder will help, but I am unwilling to TRY it for 150 bucks. Plus, its a Honda part....wouldn't it be smarter to just buy a full Brembo setup? Haha

• APlusAutoParts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 03:55 AM

thanks for all the help

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.