2003 YZ450 Excel wheels and hubs on 2008 YZ450 issues?

No replies to this topic
  • Jason_D

Posted March 10, 2012 - 04:49 PM

So I am going to set up my 2008 YZ450 to do some supermoto racing this summer and today I found a set of Excel wheels and hubs from a local guy who had them mounted up on his 2003 YZ450. Now from what i had read these were going to be a direct fit but when I went to get them I brought my bike with me and we made an attempt to mount them up just to be sure.

Well the rear wheel mounted right up and everything seems 100% plug-n-play but when we got to the front wheel the spacers were to wide. We took a quick measurement and it looks like the width of the the Excel hub with spacers is like 1/2-3/4 inch wider them my stock hub with spacers installed.

So my question here is, does any one know how I should go about making this work on my bike? I did some searching on the web for spacers and had zero luck. I also called KRS Wheels who kept poping up in my searches and they told me that finding Excel spacers is damn near impossible without buying the hub, and they maight not even be making them anymore.

Has anyone had a set made or milled down the old/wider spacers that were on the 03 to fit onto an 08?

Edited by Jason_D, March 10, 2012 - 04:49 PM.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.