yz shock verses wr shock

2 replies to this topic
  • panda38

Posted March 08, 2012 - 10:50 PM

Will a rear shock from a yz450 fit a wr450 of a similar year? What are the advantages if any of using a yz shock instead of rebuilding a wr shock? I can find yz shocks on ebay for less than a rebuild on my wr shock at a local shop.

Edited by panda38, March 08, 2012 - 10:52 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GuyGraham

Posted March 09, 2012 - 04:46 AM

Believe the YZ shock will be valved much stiffer to cope with landings from 30ft jumps

If you go with a YZ shock then its gonna need a strip and revalve to suit enduro use, unless of course you're using your WR for MX

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 09, 2012 - 05:27 PM

Will a rear shock from a yz450 fit a wr450 of a similar year? What are the advantages if any of using a yz shock instead of rebuilding a wr shock? I can find yz shocks on ebay for less than a rebuild on my wr shock at a local shop.

The YZ shock is basically a 'works' shock for production motorcycles. MUCH bigger piston and shaft.
They are not that stiff stock when you consider the weight of the WR added to the equation.
I put one on my '07WR and had to valve it even stiffer, along with a stiffer spring.

I just happen to have an '06 YZ450f shock if you are interested for $160.00
Does not leak, comes complete.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.