Problems...

51 replies to this topic
  • NetKarts

Posted April 12, 2012 - 06:10 PM

Yeah then go for it. Part of the fun of these is developement/wrenching/learning.

• Blaker454

Posted April 21, 2012 - 12:30 PM

Pulled the motor out... Now making a parts list should I replace all the internals in the bike or just use whats in there? any suggestions or anything about rebuilding the motor? I can only go as fast as the funds allow which sucks..

• Blaker454

Posted April 23, 2012 - 08:47 AM

Posted Image

I have gotten the motor this far I need to remove the flywheel and some other misc stuff.. What tools do I need? I have ordered a flywheel tool and casing splitter anyother special tools?

Edited by Blaker454, April 23, 2012 - 08:47 AM.

• The_Vernsker

Posted April 23, 2012 - 11:27 AM

Blaker you should seriously consider some sort of action against the guy who "fixed" your bike. People like that who don't back there work shouldnt be in business. If he is a friend I guess there isnt a whole lot you can do... but he should throw you a few dollars for all the trouble you have been through. Or you could run him out of business...

I had a dealer somehow bend a steel frame on a wr I had in their shop being worked on. I told them I wouldnt pay for the repairs, plus they owned me a new frame.... I ended up getting 2500 off of a brand new 2007 kx250f (in 2007) and I got to keep the wr. Auto mechanics can't get away with shitty work, why should a bike mechanic? Just my 2 cents

• Blaker454

Posted April 23, 2012 - 12:51 PM

Blaker you should seriously consider some sort of action against the guy who "fixed" your bike. People like that who don't back there work shouldnt be in business. If he is a friend I guess there isnt a whole lot you can do... but he should throw you a few dollars for all the trouble you have been through. Or you could run him out of business...

I had a dealer somehow bend a steel frame on a wr I had in their shop being worked on. I told them I wouldnt pay for the repairs, plus they owned me a new frame.... I ended up getting 2500 off of a brand new 2007 kx250f (in 2007) and I got to keep the wr. Auto mechanics can't get away with shitty work, why should a bike mechanic? Just my 2 cents

Its been months since he has worked on the bike... He's not a friend and also not sure that he is still in business...

• Blaker454

Posted April 26, 2012 - 04:38 PM

Splt the cases and stripped the right side completely I am going to have it v'd and welded where it is cracked.. Also not sure what bearing it is but its toasted also there wasnt a single snap ring on any transmission shaft? Could this have been the problem?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Blaker454

Posted July 10, 2012 - 04:13 AM

I have assembled the motor back together (I know it took awhile) went with stock replacements and a vertex piston I am having 2 problems the intake camshaft will not move once I started to torque it and also the timing chain is now way to tight to put on the camshafts as well any help?

• The_Vernsker

Posted July 10, 2012 - 09:06 PM

I have assembled the motor back together (I know it took awhile) went with stock replacements and a vertex piston I am having 2 problems the intake camshaft will not move once I started to torque it and also the timing chain is now way to tight to put on the camshafts as well any help?

As for as the intake camshaft goes.... make sure your engine is at TDC. Use engine assembly lube or a good coating of oil on everything as you put it together. Before you tighten the camshaft down, make sure the small metal guide is properly fitted in the grove on the camshaft holder. if that little metal guide isn't fitted correctly it will cause everything to bind up. Also make sure the cams/holders are in the same spot they came off the engine.

The chain has to be put on both cams before the camshaft retainers can be tightened down, make sure your chain tensioner is not in at this point. if you're having a hard time keeping the chain in the right spot you can zip-tie the chain to the cam until you get everything position correctly.

• Blaker454

Posted July 13, 2012 - 05:25 AM

Well I guess the motor had run without oil flow.. there is metal transfer on the intake part that holds the cam in there is roughly 2,000ths... is there a way to save the head?

• The_Vernsker

Posted July 13, 2012 - 08:50 AM

Well I guess the motor had run without oil flow.. there is metal transfer on the intake part that holds the cam in there is roughly 2,000ths... is there a way to save the head?

it may be saveable. Can you upload a pic, I'm having a hard time imagining which part/ guide you are taking about

• Blaker454

Posted July 13, 2012 - 10:07 AM

I will later tonight

• D-K

Posted July 14, 2012 - 12:23 PM

If the surface in the head/cam journal cleans up nice with 800 grit paper it can be used if the clearance is still within margin. Plastigauge must be used. Do not run it if out of spec. A complete head must be purchased and it will come with new cam caps.

Posted Image

Edited by D-K, July 14, 2012 - 12:23 PM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

If you had to vote a 250f most reliable by Ride_blue82

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  40 replies
Forums
Photo

250f likes and dislikes one brand over the other by cuzzi

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Ohio

Trying to start my 2007 kx 250f by Motocross325

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Midwest
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

kx250f exhaust recommendations? by DeviousPete

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KX250F
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

11 kx250f reboud problem by jonathan21

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.