Matte black plastics

4 replies to this topic
  • slh0616

Posted March 08, 2012 - 07:26 AM

Does anyone know where I could order Matte Black plastics for my 05 YZ 450? I have been looking all over online and cant find anything but just gloss black?

Thanks

• woods-rider

Posted March 08, 2012 - 07:31 AM

You could take a very fine sand paper and sand the gloss ones down to matte if you wanted, or I bet some chemical would strip the shine off them also.

Edited by woods-rider, March 08, 2012 - 07:31 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slh0616

Posted March 08, 2012 - 07:37 AM

I was thinking about that... but i was hoping for some that are molded matte black plastic so i dont have to worry about repainting.

• woods-rider

Posted March 08, 2012 - 07:56 AM

Repainting?

• KUSTOMZMAN1

Posted March 08, 2012 - 12:04 PM

just use a red 3M scotch-brite pad. I used to do it to all my white plastic (made it so much easier to clean skuffs off) and gave it a cool matte finish.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.