no play in clutch

4 replies to this topic
  • fivetwoseven

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hi ,
I am new to thumper talk but Ive been on dirtbikes for a good while now. I feel like the problem is probably staring me in the face but I need some help.
I have a 2011 yzf 450 I race and ride a lot. The clutches were starting to slip and I put a EBC clutch kit (plates fibers springs) in it.
ive replaced clutches in the past and did nothing different on this set. After i was done i rode it around the block and everything seemed ok. after a couple motos on it, it was constantly getting more play in the clutch lever and i was constantly adjusting it. i know when you put a new set of clutches in you are supposed to give it plenty of play so that you dont burn the new set up......that being said now I cant get any play in that clutch lever. The quick adjust is all the way in and so is the free play adjustment on the cable itself. there is no slack in the line what so ever. What to do now?

Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:30 PM

If you pull the clutch apart, you'll probably find that the plates are thinner than spec'd, in which case there's only one thing you can do.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fivetwoseven

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:33 PM

This is the first time I have ever tried the EBC clutches. that could be it

• grayracer513

Posted March 07, 2012 - 07:35 PM

This is the first time I have ever tried the EBC clutches. that could be it

I didn't want to say that in an undiplomatic way. Quite a bit cheaper than OEM, were they?

• fivetwoseven

Posted March 08, 2012 - 03:59 AM

well not that they were a whole lot cheaper, i just waited until the last minute and couldnt get all the oem set in on time so ebc was the last resort. kicking myself in the a$$ now.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.