valve clearence

4 replies to this topic
  • mor

Posted August 20, 2001 - 06:57 AM

what should b the valve clearence on the yz426f 2000? never did a 5 valves head, is there anything special that i should know?

• Scott_F

Posted August 20, 2001 - 09:44 PM

You need to know where your manual is...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mor

Posted August 21, 2001 - 04:09 AM

come on , i got the bike from new-york with out the manual and i can't buy one in my country, i would b happy if u tell me where can i order one in the internet...
till then whatis the clearence?????

• jamracing

Posted August 21, 2001 - 07:15 AM

Intake: 0.15-0.20mm
Exhaust: 0.25-0.30mm
Remember to check it cold...

------------------
Josh
01' WR426
99' YZ400
87' FZR1000
Uh, like twist the throttle...

• Boit

Posted August 21, 2001 - 07:43 PM

Scott is right. You really need the manual to know all the steps. The cams have large "C" clips that you need to be aware of. If you drop one of these into the chain cavity, you could be in for a major headache. Plus, you need the torque specs for cap bolts..etc.

Here a hint from Heloise. If you make a small scribe mark on the cam chain plate directly above the top center tooth on each cam, you can more easily reassemble the cams in the proper spot in the chain instead of trial and error. Getting the cams back into postion requires patience and this little technique can save you a bunch of cussing. The cam gears have a small index punch mark
that lines up at 12 o'clock when you get the crank lined up on it's proper timing marks. I make a very tiny "V" mark on the cam chain plate directly above these punch marks and use these indexes as a visual guide when reinstalling the cams.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.