98 wr400- grey wire?

4 replies to this topic
  • pbgunrunner1

Posted March 05, 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hi, I just did the grey wire on my 02 wr426 w a headlight switch so I can go back and forth. My buddy has a 98 wr400 and asked me if his bike could be done, Im actually not sure! Does it work with the older wr 400s too? thanks!!!

• anoldsman

Posted March 07, 2012 - 11:11 AM

Yes, you can do the "gray wire" mod on a '98 WR400. I'm not sure if it is in the same location as yours though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • travertt

Posted March 08, 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hey "pbgunrunner1"...did you find a major performance difference after you did the grey wire??

I'm not sure if it was such a big deal on the pre '05 bikes...I have an '04 (Canadian model which may not have the US EPA restrictions built in) with grey wire still connected and I have no problem getting the front end to lift or with power in general....so it would be great to have your feedback.

• pbgunrunner1

Posted March 12, 2012 - 04:22 PM

I havent played with it much yet, but it seems like it has a bit harder hit in the mid range... Ill know more when I switch between them. On a side note- can/should that be done on the fly or w a dead engine only?

• mikewrf18

Posted March 17, 2012 - 06:32 AM

I havent played with it much yet, but it seems like it has a bit harder hit in the mid range... Ill know more when I switch between them. On a side note- can/should that be done on the fly or w a dead engine only?

With the engine off to change mapping, if you do it when the bike is running nothing will happen.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.