oil leak from plug on cylinder head?

Changed the oil and started my 03 wr450 today and did a test ride when smoke started pouring out. Oil is basically pouring out from a hole in the cylinder head right above the exhaust pipe. I went and checked my buddys bike and he has a plug inserted in this hole. Almost seems like a freeze plug or something. Its about 3/4 inch plug that goes into the cylinder head about 2 inches above where the exhaust pipe goes into the head. What is this plug, where do i get one, and what would case this to pop out. Thanks in advance.

Look about 5 posts above yours for a pinned sticky called decompression plug and follow the link. Also, do a search on here and see what's already been gone over about this.

Very common, very easy, pretty cheap fix.

Mike

Look about 5 posts above yours for a pinned sticky called decompression plug and follow the link. Also, do a search on here and see what's already been gone over about this.

Very common, very easy, pretty cheap fix.

Mike

Mike the link doesn't work anymore.. but I am sure it's been covered multiple times. Now he has the name of the plug the search should be easier.

Sean-