Any one here have an 03 with all black plastics

1 reply to this topic
  • biggercb

Posted March 02, 2012 - 08:11 AM

Looking to refresh the old ride. Due to me nature of riding down in Oklahoma where the dirt stains everything, I am thinking about replacing my numberplates, shrouds, and fenders with all black plastic. Anyone have a picture of a 03-05 with all black plastics? Any reviews? Do they scratch too easily and look old too soon? Any other input?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2grimjim

Posted March 02, 2012 - 11:26 AM

I have some black shrouds on my '03 WR. The only thing I've noticed with the black plastic is it doesn't discolor and turn white when it is bent sharply like the blue plastic (at least, not as much).

Try using Simple Green when you wash your bike. Does a great job of cleaning the plastic, rims, etc.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.