new helmet

13 replies to this topic
  • RLucky82

Posted October 10, 2003 - 10:23 AM

where is the best place/prices on new helmets?

• WR_Jason

Posted October 10, 2003 - 10:46 AM

You should shop at least at your dealer. Getting a helmet to fit right is crutial. I have found most dealers prices to be competitive it not better than mail order after shipping. Wait for end of year or season sales as well and youll save a bundel at the shop. I really like the new HJC helmets, they are good quality, light weight, well made hats and the prices are very good on them. I wont spend a fortune an a dirt bike helmet since they take such a beating, but I want it to fit right, be comfortable, and look good. I see alot of people riding the newer HJCs latley too, its a great off road helmet for a great price IMHO.
What ever you do, get fitted by an expert, different helmets fit different heads differently and you need a good fit for the helmet to work as well as it can for you.

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted October 10, 2003 - 11:44 AM

I agree completly on both points. HJC great helmet for the price but make sure to try on any helmet before buying. I was burned once on a closeout via the internet and won't go that route again.

• beezer

Posted October 10, 2003 - 01:45 PM

What size helmet do you wear?

I have a new Shoei size XL that dosn't fit.

I bought it and found out I had a Bell head not a Shoei.

• Drew_Seattle_DRZ400s

Posted October 10, 2003 - 03:01 PM

beezer, you're supposed to take the Bell helmet off BEFORE you try and put the Shoei on. :) :D

• beezer

Posted October 10, 2003 - 03:54 PM

Now you tell me.

I was close to having to wear a helmet in high school.

The short bus kids were always going on field trips so I figured anything was better than algebra.

• r_egan

Posted October 10, 2003 - 04:10 PM

I have always tried various helemts on at a dealership and then ordered via mail order.

I would highly recommend the Arai VX Pro. Make sure you get the best helmet you can afford as this is not something you want to skimp on. As I have always said "if you have a $50 head, buy a $50 helmet" :)

Ron

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RLucky82

Posted October 11, 2003 - 05:35 AM

I have always tried various helemts on at a dealership and then ordered via mail order.

I would highly recommend the Arai VX Pro. Make sure you get the best helmet you can afford as this is not something you want to skimp on. As I have always said "if you have a $50 head, buy a $50 helmet" :)

Ron

Well this will be an upgrade from my used Bell Moto 5 that i paid 50 bucks for many years ago, and i reluctantly gave it away just so I would buy a new one! I have a medium 7-1/4 to 7-1/2 Arai head but usualy buy Shoie helmets (street) cause there less $. I have been around a while so i pretty much know what size fits. Thanks for ur input.

• beezer

Posted October 11, 2003 - 05:38 AM

BTW Zekedawg that is the best avitar I have seen.

• RLucky82

Posted October 11, 2003 - 05:44 AM

:) please explain "avitar"???

• ill_caper

Posted October 11, 2003 - 07:44 AM

Avitar is the pic below your signature

• rpadgett2

Posted October 11, 2003 - 10:08 AM

Ebay!!

Just found a Bell Moto 6 on there that was left over from last year. Retail on it was 355 paid 135.

Brand new.

Later

• RLucky82

Posted October 11, 2003 - 11:35 AM

Well I just snagged a HJC from the local honda dealer for $90. :blush:I can't help it I'm cheap.
It fits ok but after i crash in it a few times it'l fit better. :)

• RLucky82

Posted October 11, 2003 - 11:41 AM

ya I would like to see that one with a little better detail. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.