Heading for Colorado :)

3 replies to this topic
  • mxcowboy

Posted August 17, 2001 - 04:08 PM

Hey fellow thumpers, I have a 2000 yz 426f and live in texas and will be riding in colorado next week. I'm running a 168 main with a 48 pilot and clip in the middle and was wondering if any of you know what jets i should drop to for best performance at about 5 to 8,000 ft...thanks for your info in advance.

[This message has been edited by mxcowboy (edited 08-17-2001).]

• Hick

Posted August 17, 2001 - 07:55 PM

This is a popular topic lately.

I would say at least a 40 pilot, stock main, clip # 3.

I rode three full days at Rampart Range (a great place to ride, 8k+) and this worked really well in my ‘01:

38 pilot
160 main
EKQ #3 (actually an optional ’00 needle, pretty close to stock)

If you haven’t changed your needle you have an EKR, even leaner than EKQ just off the pilot, this may be even better. When you go back to Texas I think you should try an ’01 needle (EJP) or the optional ’00 EKP I ended up with in my ’00. The stock ’00 needle is too lean off the bottom. Anyway...

I ride all the time at 4k ft and above, hot and dry:

40 pilot
162 main
EJP #3

IMO the pilot and clip pos. are the most important things when changing alt. on the YZ/FCR, but a 168 main just might cause problems. Find the stocker (162), buy a 40 pilot, drop the needle one and that may be all you want.

Hope this helps cowboy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Norman

Posted August 18, 2001 - 12:03 PM

MXCowboy, when and where are you going? Im leaving next Sat. for Crested Butte for a week.

Norman K.
Beaumont, TX

• mxcowboy

Posted August 19, 2001 - 05:29 PM

I'm leaving this Wed. and returning Monday I have a friend that lives in denver and were going to buena vista in think.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.