New 2011 WR450

27 replies to this topic

Posted March 02, 2012 - 10:18 AM

When using the JD kit, most people are using pretty close to the same settings. Either stock (45) or 48 pilot, 168 main, JD red or blue needle (depending on your conditions). For So Cal, the red needle is recommended with the clip moved down (richer) one position from the center position, which is the 4th groove. I think I also went with a 50 leak jet, which seemed to help the off idle hesitation I was getting. Bike runs very strong with this set up, but of course the pea shooter has to go as well. I ultimately went to an FMF slip on which helped the bike breathe even better along with a Uni filter.

• Taxgod4u

Posted March 05, 2012 - 08:18 AM

She rips! buuuttt I cut the throttle stop per the stickie dimensions and had the throttle hang at full in a turn, (wicked powerslide af WFO) no problem just some quick clutch and kill swith action.

Does the YZF stop work in our bikes? since i have to buy another one I would rather get one that is cut to the right length so that does not happen again.

• Stealth13

Posted March 05, 2012 - 09:47 AM

Mine has a yzf stop

• Taxgod4u

Posted March 05, 2012 - 10:40 AM

cool, anybody know where to order and a part number, local stealership wants waayyy too much

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stealth13

Posted March 05, 2012 - 11:20 AM

How much are they asking? I'd rather have the proper one then risk it getting stuck wide open by cutting the stock one

• kawi380

Posted March 06, 2012 - 05:22 AM

I got my yz throttle stop with the AIS delete kit. The hole kit was like $35 or so.

• Taxgod4u

Posted March 06, 2012 - 08:12 AM

kawi, where did you get the kit?

• woods-rider

Posted March 06, 2012 - 08:14 AM

You can order it from the TT store.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.