Best way to do oil change?

Gas,

My speedo does not calculate engine hours, so I just go by miles run. Since my bike is dualsported, it is run on both dirt (slower speeds) and on the road (easier faster speeds). I found that the oil seems to change color and feel differant after 600 miles or so. So I just change it with rotella t at 600 miles. Seems to work great. I am approaching 13,000 miles on the bike since I bought it used in 2009. Engine runs like new, doesn't burn oil and the valves (that I check every 6 months), have not needed an adjustment yet. Original piston and rings too! Not bad for a 2002wr426f.

Gas,

My speedo does not calculate engine hours, so I just go by miles run. Since my bike is dualsported, it is run on both dirt (slower speeds) and on the road (easier faster speeds). I found that the oil seems to change color and feel differant after 600 miles or so. So I just change it with rotella t at 600 miles. Seems to work great. I am approaching 13,000 miles on the bike since I bought it used in 2009. Engine runs like new, doesn't burn oil and the valves (that I check every 6 months), have not needed an adjustment yet. Original piston and rings too! Not bad for a 2002wr426f.

well, if its working....no sense in changing it. Im new to the game and my bike is only in the dirt; just did a 10.8 hr oil change. maybe i should extend it a little as I am sure I didnt ride it 150 miles and it wasnt MX miles either.

Edited by GASKICKER

Wow.....

This is a high compression/horsepower racebike in enduro guise. If you ride the bike as intended (off-road and hard) and do not change the oil at the very least every 10 hours you are doing yourself and your bike a dis-service. If you do not have an hour meter get one. They are less than $30 and worth every penny and a liter of oil is cheap!

Personally I change my oil every 5 hours with a filter every other change. That's roughly every two off-road rides.