Z-Start Q's

3 replies to this topic
  • Machster

Posted October 09, 2003 - 03:49 PM

Anyone in here using either the rekluse z-start or the revlock auto clutch?. What is your take on it, and has anyone modified the rear brake to be lever operated?. I want to make the jump to auto..just need the push!
Thanks as always! :)

• rockieman

Posted October 09, 2003 - 06:45 PM

I bought the Revloc before some of the cheaper alternatives were on the market. I ride a lot of nasty single tracks that are steep, rooted and rocky. Here is where the auto clutch is invaluable, it never stalls in these situations...nor when you brake hard going into a corner. I removed my clutch lever completely and to date haven't seen a need to do the bar mounted rear brake lever. If I'm not mistaken one of the advantages of the Revloc is that you can override with the lever. If you don't ride in tough terrain...it's probably not worth the investment. If you do...it's worth it's weight in gold.
Since installing my clutch...I have never stalled my bike!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • renegade

Posted October 11, 2003 - 08:58 AM

Machster, an auto clutch is a wonderfull thing. If you haven't allready read this thread I wrote a few months ago, check it out; http://www.thumperta...art=&PHPSESSID=

• ralphfurley

Posted October 11, 2003 - 02:28 PM

I went with the revloc.
Easy swap install and you dont have to add gasket/spacers.

Pro's never stall, save energy,

Con's: Cant bulldog downhill with
the bike in gear using the clutch like a brake.

Engine braking is fine just blip the throttle to engage the clutch.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.