Swingarm Bolt

4 replies to this topic
  • WB450

Posted February 25, 2012 - 10:47 AM

I'm having trouble getting my swingarm bolt out on my 07 YZ450, any suggestions? Need to lube it up.

• grayracer513

Posted February 25, 2012 - 02:45 PM

Buy a 4 or 5" (or longer) 3/8 coarse thread bolt and screw a standard 3/8-16 hex nut on it as far as it will go. You now have a swing arm bolt driver. The threaded portion will guide it by fitting into the center hole and the nut will drive the pivot out with a minimum of damage.

It's probably hanging up on the sleeves in the back of the crankcases. Apply some penetrating lube there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blakers213

Posted February 25, 2012 - 02:47 PM

I think everyone on tt has had this problem at one time. For me it was PB Blaster (this stuff is amazing) then I laid the bike on its side and pounded on the swingarm bolt being careful no to mushroom the end. Then more PB Blaster and it came out.

• WB450

Posted February 25, 2012 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for the replies, gonna give it a shot.

• WB450

Posted February 28, 2012 - 07:40 AM

Buy a 4 or 5" (or longer) 3/8 coarse thread bolt and screw a standard 3/8-16 hex nut on it as far as it will go. You now have a swing arm bolt driver. The threaded portion will guide it by fitting into the center hole and the nut will drive the pivot out with a minimum of damage.

It's probably hanging up on the sleeves in the back of the crankcases. Apply some penetrating lube there.

This worked good, thanks again.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.