Shift Lever

5 replies to this topic
  • Greg

Posted August 15, 2001 - 05:55 AM

I need to replace my shift lever on my 00-426. Is there a good after-market lever out there? I have looked at MSR, BBR, IMS & GYT. So far Moose seems to have the only one. Any ideas?

• Boit

Posted August 15, 2001 - 09:03 PM

I'm looking for a replacement as well. My boot slips off the stock lever as I upshift when things get a lttle wet or muddy. I even tried a strip of skateboard tape wrapped around the tip. It worked great for a short while. It rubbed off too quickly. The next best fix I found was to spray 3-M adhesive on the tip. Dirt sticks to it and acts like non-skid. Even though it rubs off kinda quickly as well, all you have to do is shoot another quick spray on it and go. You don't even need to clean it. That's the whole point, just spray and let the dirt stick to it.

• Greg

Posted August 16, 2001 - 06:18 AM

I just spoke to IMS, and they just produced a steel shift lever for the 426. It has a rubber sleeve over a steel shaft with a spring return. It is less than half the price of a stock lever.
I will let you know how it goes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • overthebars_again

Posted August 16, 2001 - 02:41 PM

Greg, I bought an IMS shift lever to replace the damaged stock lever. The IMS was a POS man. I don't know if they make more than one lever for the 426.. Mine rubbed on the flywheel cover(?) and even after bending it out so it wouldn't rub, it would work it's way back in and start rubbing again. I went back to stock man. End of story.
otb_a

• Greg

Posted August 17, 2001 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for the info! I will go with the stocker.

• overthebars_again

Posted August 17, 2001 - 02:12 PM

It was just my opinion Greg. Someone else may tell you that the IMS lever is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
I bought my replacement stocker from Motoworld of El Cajoun (last year) for $29. Shop around bro.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.