valves wr 426

2 replies to this topic
  • bluesbiker

Posted February 25, 2012 - 02:02 AM

can any one tell me can i use the steel valves,,,, in,,,, ex ,,, all 5 in a 2000 wr or does it have to be the titanium ones theres a huge diff in price
regards peter

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • VinceDC

Posted February 25, 2012 - 03:05 PM

If you use steel valves you need to use different springs.Not sure on all the details of what to do,but I am sure others on here could help.

• Birdy426

Posted February 26, 2012 - 12:13 PM

You can use the stainless valves, and yes they are a ton cheaper. But you have to use the springs for the same year. The SS valves weigh more (and have more inertia once moving), so it takes higher spring rates to keep them from floating. When I swapped mine out, I also ordered keepers and collets as well. though they are the same part numbrt for all 400/426, I was concerned that the springs for the Ti valves might have worn in a pattern that would affect seating of the SS springs...and it's just always a good idea to replace the collets.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.