F.Y.I great ratio chart!!

3 replies to this topic
  • trikmik

Posted April 18, 2001 - 10:46 AM

I thought everyone who every had questions about gearing would benfit from the
Renthal Motorcycle Final Drive Ratios Chart.
go to www.renthal.com and click on rear chainwheel then go to the bottom and click on ratio. This should take care of any ratio qestions.

------------------
2000 Wr, YZ Timed,James Dean carb settings:),fastline cr routing brakeline, YZ exhaust, YZ seat, IMS tank and much more.

• MichiganDRZ400E

Posted April 18, 2001 - 02:21 PM

Neat sight but the same data can be derived by dividing the rear by the front. What I would like to see is a chart that shows speed vs. spocket set up for an individual bike by gear. I did one a few years ago for a Yamaha TT600 and a Honda XR600. That was in the old days of Lotus 123. I haven't had the time or inclination to do one in Excel. It requires each individual gear ratio, final drive ratio, sprocket ratio, wheel size and engine RPM. Just lazy now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trikmik

Posted April 19, 2001 - 01:38 PM

If you would like I would take the time to do a chart on excel if you could get me started in the right direction with formulas and all.Let me know

------------------
2000 Wr, YZ Timed,James Dean carb settings:),fastline cr routing brakeline, YZ exhaust, YZ seat, IMS tank and much more.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted April 19, 2001 - 01:54 PM

This should be a good start:
http://www.dropbears...ies/gearing.htm

It just might suit your needs as-is.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.