I'm moving from Québec to Mass

28 replies to this topic
  • beezer

Posted October 11, 2003 - 05:45 AM

My company sells equipment to the aerospace industrie in Quebec. I have traveled quite a bit through Canada for business. I used to hunt a lot in Canada until they passed all those silly gun laws.

French are a minority in Quebec?

Who makes up the majority?

• ill_caper

Posted October 11, 2003 - 07:41 AM

I might be able to go out finally next weekend. I have to bring the W in to get fixed(Im not too happy about bringing a 2003 bike in to get fixed!!!) Ill PM you(smoke) about next weekend. Are you guys even planning on going? Have a good weekend everyone. -D :D :) :D

• Math

Posted October 12, 2003 - 02:30 PM

Well Foursmoke, I'm anxious to arrive in Mass and see how these kids ride. Waiting for them is not really a problem.

I like technical rides. Here, my partner likes long rides on wide open trails. (he rides a XR 650R). I prefer woods riding and river crossing and rocky hill climbs... things that make quad guys cry. :D

I also feel that tech rides are less dangerous because you ride at lower speeds. Of course you may injure yourself but you probably won't die :D I'm married since Y2K now and she's always afraid of that motorcycle thing... I still have to come back in good shape from many many rides so she could get more comfortable with it.

I'll PM you for sure in a near future

Thank you for the invitation. :D :)

• Math

Posted October 12, 2003 - 02:38 PM

My company sells equipment to the aerospace industrie in Quebec. I have traveled quite a bit through Canada for business. I used to hunt a lot in Canada until they passed all those silly gun laws.

Very interesting! About the gun laws, do you know this project was supposed to cost something like few million dollars and is now to the billion? Those guys in Ottawa have to be stopped :).

French are a minority in Quebec?

Nope. French people are a majority in the Québec province by far. Nevertheless, only 48% of the Montréal population have French has a native language.

Ciao

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • foursmoke

Posted October 12, 2003 - 02:46 PM

I feel the same way about the injuries on technical stuff and I aways stress to my son to ride within his capabilities and not to push speed to soon. He is a very good rider for a 9 yr. old and can almost keep up in the tight stuff. I told him that speed will come in time and if he doesn't respect these bikes that he could get really hurt. I think he understands completely :D. We will look forward to riding with you. Any idea when you are moving? you can PM me at your leisure :D.

Smoke :)

• Math

Posted October 12, 2003 - 02:50 PM

Any idea when you are moving? you can PM me at your leisure

February. :)

• Bamster

Posted October 12, 2003 - 03:22 PM

Banfboy Really what is Canada but a Farm team for the American medical feild. Not to mention half their entertainment industry.

• foursmoke

Posted October 12, 2003 - 04:51 PM

February.

That is when we get the bulk of our snow :D. You just never know around here. Two years ago it was so mild we started riding in the middle of February and kept going till the middle of December.

Smoke :)

• Math

Posted October 13, 2003 - 10:09 AM

I can ride unless there is at least one inch of snow. Last year I have been riding here at -7 celcius in mid november. Just put the layers on and ride...

Anyway, I,ll take the time to work out some maintenance on the bike and maybe try some mods... we'll see.

I really need help on finding a great place to live though. I've been living in a 4 room appartment for 8 years now and it turns me totally mad. I want to find a place to stay that would have a minimum of a backyard and a little place to put the bike and the tools.

I will not buy because I may come back to Canada after only two years.

I want to rent a house or condo or something like that. If you guys have any ideas about nice little places near Worcester ....

I'm looking on real estate websites to find.

I also plan on coming to Worcester for a few days in mid November to sign a lease.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.