Hard starter

4 replies to this topic
  • wayne0

Posted February 21, 2012 - 11:15 PM

Just bought an 05 WR450 with electric start,
when turning engine over with startrer motor, it will not start and I get a pop through the exhaust every 2nd rotation (as if timing is out) If i stop and kick it over a couple of times, it will then turn over a bit and start (without any popping)
any ideas

cheers wayne

PS I was also concerned about how loud the clutch is but i have read here that they are all a bit rattely. is there anything that can be done to to quieten this down

• Stealth13

Posted February 22, 2012 - 08:14 AM

Mine was doing that too and then eventually wouldn't start at all, needed the started jet and carb cleaned .

As for the clutch my 06 doesn't make any noise really

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted February 22, 2012 - 08:16 AM

Hard starting can also be a sign of valves out of spec. Give yours a quick check.

• wayne0

Posted February 23, 2012 - 09:11 PM

Yeah check valves and are all good except cam can side exhaust is at little tight at .20mm (0.008'') and.178mm (0.007") was a snug fit.
Think the carb needs a strip and clean as it was dripping gas out the overflow pipe last night. put a new plug but no different.
Does anyone know were i can download a service manual.

thanks

• still2smokin

Posted February 23, 2012 - 10:14 PM

http://www.yamahaown...om.au/index.php got this from the Pinned thread-- WR Performance Index

Very handy to have.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.