Sprocket teeth?

24 replies to this topic
  • Eagle426

Posted October 13, 2003 - 02:44 PM

Sweet, now I either need to move to the mountains or hope that some serious "plate tectonic" movements occur to cause some damn big hills around Raleigh, NC!

• WR_Jason

Posted October 14, 2003 - 11:26 AM

I am able to run a 13 counter and stock rear and just slide the axle back. I dont buy that moving the axle back 10mm stuff about it acutally making a differance in the handeling. IMHO thats just rag mag BS. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • holeshot426

Posted October 14, 2003 - 03:40 PM

Ok, then what about moving your fork tubes up 1/4" in the clamps. You buy that?

• WR_Jason

Posted October 15, 2003 - 07:50 AM

Ok, then what about moving your fork tubes up 1/4" in the clamps. You buy that?

Yeas and no. moving the fork tubes changes the geometrey of the stearing and ride hight and it makes a more noticable differance to the rider, but as far as makeing a noticeable differance because of the wheel base, I dont buy it. @ 45 degrees the wheel base would change only 1/8 th of and inch for a 1/4 inch tube movement, its MUCH less for anything under 45 degrees as you approach vertical. What are dirt bikes like 14 or someting? If it was that noticable you would have radical handeling differances in the bike as the suspension moves while turning.

• WR450

Posted October 16, 2003 - 04:34 AM

Check this link I have got a spreadsheet I found that will work out speeds with different sprockets
Gearing Calculations

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.