What is that?

1 reply to this topic
  • Team_Towrope

Posted April 18, 2001 - 10:46 AM


I have a question about my wifes XR200. I know it's not a WR but I've seen in the past some of you have listed XR200s as some of your other bikes that you own -- so you might know.

There is this strange little funnel shaped plastic canister attached to the frame. It has 3 half inch hoses attached to it. One connects to the crankcase, one to the airbox, and the other goes nowhere and is plugged. What is this thing? What does it do? And if I don't need it, how can I properly remove it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted April 18, 2001 - 12:25 PM


I think they all have those things, it is just Honda’s way of making a bullet-proof crank vent system. I guess the reservoir is for collecting any oil that is vented and keeping it out of the airbox. You could probably just lose the reservoir and run the hose right to your airbox.

Disclaimer: I do not, nor have I ever, owned any XRs. But I had a QA 50 in grade school…


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.