Warning Labels on Fenders

11 replies to this topic
  • 1nd1anajones

Posted February 20, 2012 - 12:54 AM

Well I recent purchased a 11 yz450 and I cant stand the warning labels on the front and rear fenders and would like to remove them. I tried peeling them off but rather than coming off in one piece it just breaks up. So then I went to a hardware store and got a sticker removal spray and that did not work either.

This may sound stupid but how do I get these damn things off without ruining my fenders?

• bigj450

Posted February 20, 2012 - 01:59 AM

had the same issue, however i solved the issue with more stickers, jus left em there and covered them with a fender trim kit, i scratched the hell out of mine before i even got close to gettin them off

• Steve 396

Posted February 20, 2012 - 06:42 AM

I blasted mine off with my pressure washer. No damage to fenders and stickers gone!

Steve

• grayracer513

Posted February 20, 2012 - 08:26 AM

Score them with a razor blade just enough to break the surface without marking the fender, then put a rag wet with WD40 on them over night. After that, a pressure washer will blow them right across the street.

• 1nd1anajones

Posted February 21, 2012 - 02:51 AM

thanks for the help!

• Slow and Jerky

Posted February 21, 2012 - 05:58 AM

You could use a little heat, like a hair drier or a heat gun.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted February 21, 2012 - 06:17 AM

+1, I always use a little heat (hair drier works nice, too hot and you won't get it off either) and then just peel it off in one piece.

• Darrell41653

Posted February 21, 2012 - 06:39 AM

I blasted mine off with my pressure washer. No damage to fenders and stickers gone!

Steve

+1

• cowboyona426

Posted February 21, 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hair dryer... makes easy work of it.

• rr558

Posted February 21, 2012 - 01:33 PM

If they made the whole bike out of that bionic glue we'd never need a new one. lol

• 1nd1anajones

Posted February 21, 2012 - 01:36 PM

I dont have a pressure washer but I figured out what im going to do. I ordered a new front fender (keep the old one as a spare when I sell it) and I also ordered a trim kit to cover up the sticker on the rear fender.

• cowboyona426

Posted February 21, 2012 - 02:35 PM

I dont have a pressure washer but I figured out what im going to do. I ordered a new front fender (keep the old one as a spare when I sell it) and I also ordered a trim kit to cover up the sticker on the rear fender.

Seriously, less than a minute with a hair dryer and it will peel right up with no residue left behind. But if you have no woman in your household like me... you may not have a hair dryer at your disposal I suppose.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.