Which holeshot device?

8 replies to this topic
  • Steve 396

Posted February 19, 2012 - 08:02 PM

Wondering which one works best for an 11 yz450f? Thoughts??

Steve

• glenn77

Posted February 19, 2012 - 08:27 PM

I just put a Kermaxx on mine. I haven't been able to use it yet though,seems easy enough to engage.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 20, 2012 - 12:54 PM

I put a Hammerhead device on mine and it works real well.

• almostinvincible119

Posted February 20, 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hammerhead on mine as well. Had some issues with the pin pushing out on a jump, contacted the company and took about 4 months to finally get a replacement. I'll pass on Hammerhead products from now on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BBrown626

Posted February 20, 2012 - 07:40 PM

None of the tracks around here have dirt starts. I love to see the posers engage their "hole shot" devices on the concrete pads.

• Steve 396

Posted February 20, 2012 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. We have one track with a concrete start here but all others are dirt. Question: isn't the point of the device to lower the front to keep from wheeling (at least try to anyway)? What difference would it make on a concrete start?

Never heard of the Kermaxx... Is it new?

Steve

• BBrown626

Posted February 20, 2012 - 07:56 PM

concrete has very little traction. you want you weight shifted toward the middle/back during launch and then forward once onto the dirt. In dirt starts you want to get the weight as far forward as possible. Watch a supercross start or national mx start. guys are sitting really far forward. hole shot devices help in dirt and hurt on concrete.

• glenn77

Posted February 21, 2012 - 06:14 AM

Maybe Kermaxx is a Canadian product, I had two choices from my dealership, the Kermaxx for $70 or a Pro Circuit device for $140. Easy choice. You can find it if you google it I'm sure.

• holker1

Posted February 25, 2012 - 11:50 AM

TAMER DOUBLE BUTTON. The first and original holeshot button. Same price if not cheaper and you get two different heights for the $$

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.