Different tuner than a GYTR?

7 replies to this topic
  • stroker101

Posted February 19, 2012 - 03:22 PM

Is there another tuner for the 2010-2012 YZ450F's other than the one from Yamaha? I thought I saw a commercial where there was a thumb dial on it, and you could adjust settings on the fly...

• BBrown626

Posted February 20, 2012 - 07:50 PM

check the power commander v. They are advertising a new model that will adjust timing and fuel. they also have a remote.

• jaro51

Posted February 21, 2012 - 05:49 AM

You might be refering to the GET ignition module with the traction control knob that allows you to adjust the amount of traction control on the fly. It replaces the whole ECU and requires a bit more tuning know-how and programming but from what I've heard, offers a dramatic improvement in performance and tunability over the stock ECU and GYTR combo. A buddy of mine put one on his bike nad saw some pretty big gains in hp on the dyno as well as much better mid and over-rev.

• glenn77

Posted February 21, 2012 - 06:17 AM

Hey jaro51, any idea what your buddy paid for his GET up here?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stroker101

Posted February 21, 2012 - 06:23 PM

thx for the info

• BBrown626

Posted February 21, 2012 - 07:16 PM

doesn't JS7 have a GET commercial?

• jaro51

Posted February 22, 2012 - 06:00 AM

Not sure what he paid for it, he has an engine builder buddy down in Idaho who is getting on board with the GET stuff this year. I've seen them for $800 or so on ebay. And you can buy an hand held tuner that does some basic adjustments, I assume similar to the GYTR one, and then there is the engine tuner's software that opens up a bunch more tunability from what I hear. And add in the data aquisition gadgets and you have a pretty solid package to really optimize the wasy the bike works for your riding needs / style.

And from what I've heard, pretty well all of the top guys are running the GET ignitions or something similar.

• BBrown626

Posted February 24, 2012 - 03:11 AM

$800 for ignition programming, $300 for fuel programming. That is a good down payment on a KX.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.