YZ tank range on WR ?

6 replies to this topic
  • Sylvain

Posted October 08, 2003 - 09:54 AM

I really like my new combo YZ seat and tank. But I was wondering about what is the fuel range I can get with my stock YZ tank ? I seem to need to fill it up more often, which is understandable, but do any of you have info on actual (average) distance made on a stock YZ tank ?

• tctrailrider

Posted October 08, 2003 - 10:14 AM

Sylvan,
It will vary alot depending on the type of riding you do but a reasonable average would be 25-30 mpg. Think the YZ is 2 gallons and the WR 3.3.

• The_Blue_One

Posted October 08, 2003 - 01:43 PM

On my 426 with the yz 2.1 tank i was able to get around 40-50 with aggressive riding. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fershy

Posted October 08, 2003 - 05:56 PM

Expect 10 km per litre Sylvain.

fershy

• michaeltrundle

Posted October 08, 2003 - 06:57 PM

I get 20 kilometres per litre on average, a bit more commuting on the road and about 16-18 kilometres per litre in the bush.
My year model came out with the 8 litre yz tank here in australia so that gives me about 120 kilometres to reserve on a normal trail ride and about another 30-40 if I milk it along steadily.
:)

• Sylvain

Posted October 09, 2003 - 06:37 AM

Thanks for the infos guys :)

• Ricko76

Posted October 11, 2003 - 05:48 AM

Hey Sylvain. I have a YZ 8 litre tank and a Trail Tech Endurance computer, and according to this I get about 110 - 120km until I have to switch to reserve. I do mostly closed circuit riding, so range isn't a real issue for me and I am yet to run out of juice on my bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.