Anyone had rubber plug come out and spew oil?

3 replies to this topic
  • InstantPCWR426

Posted October 08, 2003 - 07:50 AM

Hello fair wealth of thumper knowledge. I recently had my rubber plug pop out while riding in Michigan's upper-lower.
This plug is located where the manual decomp lever used to be on previous models. It promptly sprayed out a nice mist of oil on my rad and headpipe. I've got the replacement in, but am wondering if there's a bigger reason that it popped out besides riding down I-75 for 12 miles. Lay it on me, peeps! TIA <Matt>

• WR_Jason

Posted October 08, 2003 - 09:25 AM

Check your crank case breather hose that goes down the front of the frame. Make sure its not closed, clogged or otherwise restricted by a zip tie or anyting. Other than that, make sure your not over full with oil. Check the oil like 5 minutes after running the motor for an accurate check.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jetdave

Posted October 08, 2003 - 10:05 AM

I blew out my cam cover seal after I pinched my vent hose. I was pinching the vent hose all the time and decide it was in a bad spot. Now I run it in front of my engine on top of skid plate. :) Seems to be working better there and looks better too.

• Vibeguy

Posted October 08, 2003 - 10:07 AM

Ditto WR_Jason above,

I would also use a small amount of high temp (red) RTV during installation.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.