Squadron discount For EFI

5 replies to this topic
  • Baja Designs

Posted February 17, 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hey Everyone,

We’re in the process of engineering light systems geared specifically towards EFI bikes. But we need actual bikes to document an installation. In return for loaning us your bike for a few days, we are able to offer you the new Squadron LED, complete with install, for HALF THE RETAIL PRICE. If you have a 2010, 2011, or 2012 Yamaha YZ450F and are interested, please PM me. Thank you, and if you choose to take advantage of this exclusive offer, I look forward to getting in touch with you. * Must be local to southern CaliforniaPosted Image

Thanks,

Gordon BD

(760)560-2252 EXT.124

• briangriff321

Posted February 17, 2012 - 11:36 AM

Dang i want headlight on my 12 to...cali is a long way though

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted February 18, 2012 - 09:51 AM

This will be great for any of the efi bikes. I realize the YZ puts out around 100 watts or so, but does anyone know how much of it the bike actually needs to power the efi? The squadron looks to be about 44 watts, so I'm guessing that you would probably want to make sure that the light switch is "off" while trying to kick the bike over.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 19, 2012 - 10:30 AM

This will be great for any of the efi bikes. I realize the YZ puts out around 100 watts or so, but does anyone know how much of it the bike actually needs to power the efi? The squadron looks to be about 44 watts, so I'm guessing that you would probably want to make sure that the light switch is "off" while trying to kick the bike over.

My guess would be that the need for the 100+ watt output is so that there is enough energy to run the fuel pump at cranking speeds. I doubt the bike needs more than 20 watts or so to actually operate. It would be fairly simple to measure by connecting an ammeter in series between the main DC buss leaving the rectifier and the rest of the harness. Multiply the indicated current value by 12 to get your wattage.

The idea of using an off switch during starting is probably the best approach.

• briangriff321

Posted February 19, 2012 - 11:12 AM

Seems like they could make a nice plug and play with the plug going to the tuner port? Just an idea not sure what wires are there

• Baja Designs

Posted February 22, 2012 - 09:33 AM

The Squadron harness is plug and play, but that's why we need EFI bikes because we would like to make the best quality and user friendly EFI product we can. The Squadron will work fine on the YZf, it is about 115 watts, more than enough.

Thanks guys for the feedback.

Gordon BD

(760)560-2252 EXT.124

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.