Need Help With Torque Spec

4 replies to this topic
  • ScottsWR

Posted October 08, 2003 - 07:17 AM

I was putting the lower suspension pieces back together last night and realized that I do not have the the torque settings for the bolts.
I have a manual coming but it will not get here 'til Friday and I am loading the bike into the trailer tommorrow night. What I need is for one of you guy's to look up the torque specs for the upper and lower shock bolts and the three bolts that hold the linkage assembly together and post it here ASAP!
Your help is greatly appreciated.
I was supposed to have the manual yesterday via UPS but it got delayed somehow (most likley left on a truck somewhere) and I am in a pinch.

Scott

• loufish

Posted October 08, 2003 - 04:37 PM

Looks like 51 ft/lbs for the linkage nuts, and 33 ft/lbs for the shock mount bolts....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JR650

Posted October 08, 2003 - 08:40 PM

you can get the euro shop manual online too for free, this will have the torque specs as most stuff is the same. www.xr650r.us scroll down on the left, euro shop manual near the bottom.

• ScottsWR

Posted October 09, 2003 - 12:47 PM

I really appreciate the info. I wonder if this is the same manual that I bought on eBay a couple of day ago for $15???

Scott :)

• drex

Posted October 09, 2003 - 06:52 PM

Yes, it seems to be the same manual. I saw it on e-bay a while back billed as a having been digitized by Honda. Not!! It's a fairly poor scan that's been turned into a pdf file. I printed it on a very nice color laser a while back and put it into a 3-ring binder. Works okay. But, I sure wish I could find the official Honda US version that matches the North American bike exactly. Last time I checked it was still back-ordered.

Good luck!

Dan

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.