2010 yzf450 handlebar position?

9 replies to this topic
  • rodgemx125

Posted February 16, 2012 - 11:51 PM

Does anyone know the original fitment for the bars on the top clamp? There are 2 sets of holes on the top clamp.

Has anyone tried both???

Thanks

• geshields

Posted February 17, 2012 - 02:27 AM

Original position is in the set of holes closest to the seat. I run mine in the hole forward of that(closest to front of the bike)...

• rodgemx125

Posted February 17, 2012 - 04:00 AM

thanks for the reply
whats are the pros and cons of each position?

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 17, 2012 - 06:42 AM

Dont really know the pros an cons of it but do know if you put the bars in the most forward holes it can make it more difficult to get to the clickers (depending on which kind of bars you have).

I run mine in the most forward position so it will make me sit more closer to the front. I run Fasst Co. Flexx bars and this position makes to getting to the clickers all most impossible. However I can get to the bleed screw ok but have to take my time when turning the clickers.

I put the tubes in the clamps where as the bleed screw is at the top(North) of the tube.

• DC_Excitement

Posted February 17, 2012 - 02:51 PM

Original position is in the set of holes closest to the seat. I run mine in the hole forward of that(closest to front of the bike)...

how do you like them in the front? i just moved mine to the front today but im not gonna be able to hit a track for at least a month. im short at 5'5'', and only weigh 150lbs. so im not shure if it is gonna affect the bike with a little guy. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • geshields

Posted February 18, 2012 - 02:52 AM

At first I hated it. Now that I have had them there for a couple of months, I notice my riding position is better and it makes me stand more. I am 5'8".

Like CaptainKnobby said though, getting to the compression clickers is a pain in the a.....

Greg

how do you like them in the front? i just moved mine to the front today but im not gonna be able to hit a track for at least a month. im short at 5'5'', and only weigh 150lbs. so im not shure if it is gonna affect the bike with a little guy. thanks

• rodgemx125

Posted February 18, 2012 - 08:16 AM

what were the diference in handling charcteristics?

At first I hated it. Now that I have had them there for a couple of months, I notice my riding position is better and it makes me stand more. I am 5'8".

Like CaptainKnobby said though, getting to the compression clickers is a pain in the a.....

Greg

• CaptainKnobby

Posted February 18, 2012 - 10:13 PM

what were the diference in handling charcteristics?

For me there was no handling issue but it just made it easier for me to stay up toward the front of the bike better and stay up over the top of the # plate where you should be sometimes.

• jaydavis226

Posted February 24, 2012 - 11:37 PM

I have mine in the front hole with clamps in back position CR-HIGH BEND. had them forward and forward with stock bars.
Im 6ft

• BBrown626

Posted February 25, 2012 - 04:29 PM

After reading this thread I decided to give the forward position a try. While the water truck was on the track I went ahead and move them. I am 6'3". forward felt a little better. i wasn't so cramped on the bike. It was noticable in terms of comfort. Maybe a tad difference in handling.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.