Wr450 power wheelie?

29 replies to this topic
  • Stealth13

Posted March 02, 2012 - 11:13 AM

I wish mine could come up like that . In 4th do you gotta pull back a bit?

• kwinn044

Posted March 02, 2012 - 02:54 PM

I wish mine could come up like that . In 4th do you gotta pull back a bit?

Stealth these 450's should be able to pop up in any gear with your weight back and sitting down. I have the same top end issue with mine but i have yet to put in my AIS removal and jet kit. Hopefully with those it will be a lot better

• Stealth13

Posted March 02, 2012 - 05:03 PM

I was leaning all the way forward and mine will lift up in second. I'm sure it can in third if I lean a bit back

• bluesbiker

Posted March 03, 2012 - 01:16 AM

on my 426 when its running ive got to be carefull with the throttle too hard and up she comes inn 2nd and third so you can imagine what 1 is like

• kwinn044

Posted March 03, 2012 - 09:43 AM

Oh yeah the bottom gears for sure. i want to be able to do that in 4 and 5 though

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZF_MXracer71

Posted March 04, 2012 - 06:05 PM

i have a yzf 450 i dont know how they compare to the wr's but with no "body english" and sitting in a neutral position it will lift up in 5th just under hard exceleration.

• Stealth13

Posted March 04, 2012 - 06:15 PM

i have a yzf 450 i dont know how they compare to the wr's but with no "body english" and sitting in a neutral position it will lift up in 5th just under hard exceleration.

That probably has to do with the shorter trans gears.

Mine has yet to try and lift in third on me. Lots of times in second when I'm driving spirited it pops up a bit

• n16ht5

Posted March 05, 2012 - 07:47 AM

Mine has yet to try and lift in third on me. Lots of times in second when I'm driving spirited it p

Mine has yet to try and lift in third on me. Lots of times in second when I'm driving spirited it pops up a bit

ops up a bit

what gearing/mods? how is your suspension set? axle position? what do you weigh?

stock gears I could throttle wheelie through 3rd with a slight lean back. 5'10" 145lbs, free mods only, jetted
16/48 only through 2nd now.

• Stealth13

Posted March 05, 2012 - 09:41 AM

Just uncorked stock gearing. I'm 170. I'm sure it will lift it third with a lean back. I learn forward to keep it down. What speed do you do a 2nd or third gear wheelie from?

• wrwest

Posted March 05, 2012 - 10:16 AM

220 lbs and only in 1 st and slight in 2nd on the go mid rpm ---Only throttle stop and Zorst free mod .

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.