06 WR450 overheating problems

25 replies to this topic
  • MANIAC998

Posted February 19, 2012 - 06:29 AM

G123, Glad to hear you've got it working better! It's always nice when someone summarizes up all that they did, and lets us know that it worked. From the sounds of it, you've got some crazy tough terrain over there!!! Ride on!! Maniac

• g123

Posted February 20, 2012 - 01:29 AM

G123, Glad to hear you've got it working better! It's always nice when someone summarizes up all that they did, and lets us know that it worked. From the sounds of it, you've got some crazy tough terrain over there!!! Ride on!! Maniac

We have awesome terrain - if you like to wear out first gear

http://youtu.be/6s_hTJMr3KY

Edited by g123, February 20, 2012 - 01:58 AM.

• W R

Posted February 20, 2012 - 09:33 PM

Looks like a fun place to ride! Totally see that this would be a great place for the Recluse.

So with all of that vegitation I can only wonder what the heat, humidity and bugs are like.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • n16ht5

Posted February 21, 2012 - 02:35 AM

I was thinking of running Evans coolant, and then using the overflow bottle as a fuel tank. evans will boil about the temp that you fry oil

what says the WR guys?

• g123

Posted February 24, 2012 - 09:22 PM

I was thinking of running Evans coolant, and then using the overflow bottle as a fuel tank. evans will boil about the temp that you fry oil what says the WR guys?

speaking of fuel tanks.....

I just filled up the tank (ride tomorrow -woohoo) after last weeks ride. bit of a dive in range since installing the new jetting (168 main and jd blue needle 1 from top and thin o-ring on the acc pump linkage). our ride was 40km and I used 6 litres of gas so I would have run out after 50km (32-35 odd miles) - thats less than ideal. Admittedly it took about 6 hrs to do the ride and 90% was first/second gear but thats probably going to effect our riding plans a little

maybe I lost a bit of gas while the bike was stuck upside down in a stream.....
I'll run another check tommorrow - but I'll put a spare tank of gas in the back of the wagon just in case.

cheers

Mark

• allterra

Posted February 26, 2012 - 08:18 PM

That is almost Identical to where I ride...Just picture a little more swamp and up and down longer steep hills. I live in Vermont. trees everywhere, hills are rock and loam mtn's terrain, valleys are streams and swamp. Can you tell me more about your setup? gears, tires, psi, bars?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.