2011 kx450f pipe reviews?

28 replies to this topic
  • sproxtonyz250f

Posted February 12, 2012 - 08:47 PM

ok looking to pull the trigger asap on a pipe for my 2011 kx450f would like to here reviews from people who have run:
big gun evo-r
sg4
two bros aluminuim
yoshi rs-4
pro circuit t-4r
anything under 550$
looking to spend under 500 preferably so fmf full system is out noise is not an issue i actually like loud pipes lol just looking for feed back on a full system or even a slip on, going to most likely buy the exhaust off ebay any feedback is appreciated thanks! :smirk:

Edited by sproxtonyz250f, February 12, 2012 - 08:49 PM.

• Ttoks

Posted February 13, 2012 - 02:32 AM

yes another silly person waiting money on a pipe that could be spent on things that actually help your riding :smirk: i suggest selling the bike and buying a quad.

• NastyR1

Posted February 13, 2012 - 07:16 AM

yes another silly person waiting money on a pipe that could be spent on things that actually help your riding :smirk: i suggest selling the bike and buying a quad.

It may not be just for a change in horsepower, I'm looking for a pipe or just a silencer as well for a decrease in noise. If I and the guys I ride with don't do something about our loud bikes our riding area will be shut down -

• crazyinferno13

Posted February 13, 2012 - 10:41 AM

sproxtonyz250f I sent you a message..

First of all don't listen to him..he will call you a shit rider for being on a 450..and he can't spell at all..must be the 4 year old in his picture doing all the replying!

But anyways..I would stay away from the two brothers..they are more of a street bike exhaust..I have talked to a few mechanics and they all say the same about exhaust companies..the ones that are the best and have the most sales are that way for a reason..I currently have a PC Ti-4 and I like it..it mellows out the bottom end and.gives it
more mid to top..I am planning on buying the yoshi rs2 in the next month or so..I hear it gives more bottom to mid power..I definitely would recommend one of those two or even the fmf 4.1 if you consider the message I sent you..hope this helps

• florastuart

Posted February 13, 2012 - 12:20 PM

I would like to hear a review on a Lexx exhaust for the 450, I have one on my WR250F and it is great in every way and price was lowest, but build quality seems high. Just asking if anyone has experience on a 2011 KX or close and does jetting change much?Thanks.

• Ttoks

Posted February 13, 2012 - 04:49 PM

It may not be just for a change in horsepower, I'm looking for a pipe or just a silencer as well for a decrease in noise. If I and the guys I ride with don't do something about our loud bikes our riding area will be shut down -

the OP want's a nice loud exhaust, i applaud you for going to a quieter exhaust, some people don't seem to have the sense that you do however.

crazyinferno, trying to spell correctly when you've been up all night looking after your arthritic girlfriend is a little difficult, maybe dont be so quick to judge hey?

Edited by Ttoks, February 13, 2012 - 04:50 PM.

• crazyinferno13

Posted February 13, 2012 - 10:02 PM

I shouldn't be quick to judge? I have yet to see a post you havnt talked shit to someone or or at least derogatory towards somethin..just because you don't think its necessary to have an exhaust doesn't mean that nobody should have them..some of us can manage the power and even need it..all I'm saying is just don't negate everything that anyone says and there won't be any issues..all I have ever heard about the dirt bike family is they are awesome people and that's part of why I recently joined!

• Ttoks

Posted February 13, 2012 - 10:07 PM

i dont speak down on people, i put my opinion out there', and my opinion is the OP would be better off spending $500 on ride coaching, fuel, oil brake pads chains and sprockets or suspension setup, or if he's after performance a set of hot cams or head porting with an appropriated engine map will give greater gains for less money without an obnoxious engine note which damages the sport for everyone as well as the offending bike, if you don't like hearing my opinion's, then feel free to block me :smirk:

i absolutely don't support any idiot who thinks "noise is not an issue" because he "kinda likes loud pipes" knowing full well that the biggest threat to this sport is excessive noise.

Edited by Ttoks, February 13, 2012 - 10:18 PM.

• HighEndToys

Posted February 14, 2012 - 05:23 AM

i dont speak down on people, i put my opinion out there', and my opinion is the OP would be better off spending $500 on ride coaching, fuel, oil brake pads chains and sprockets or suspension setup, or if he's after performance a set of hot cams or head porting with an appropriated engine map will give greater gains for less money without an obnoxious engine note which damages the sport for everyone as well as the offending bike, if you don't like hearing my opinion's, then feel free to block me :smirk:

i absolutely don't support any idiot who thinks "noise is not an issue" because he "kinda likes loud pipes" knowing full well that the biggest threat to this sport is excessive noise.

Well at least your spelling is getting better.

• Ttoks

Posted February 14, 2012 - 05:45 AM

Well at least your spelling is getting better.

as i said before, taking care of a loved one that can't sit on a chair, lay down or stand for more then 5 minutes without screaming in pain takes it's toll on ones spelling skills, life's not all about someones English skills :smirk:

• mike27t

Posted February 14, 2012 - 02:40 PM

as i said before, taking care of a loved one that can't sit on a chair, lay down or stand for more then 5 minutes without screaming in pain takes it's toll on ones spelling skills, life's not all about someones English skills :smirk:

Posted Image

OP, I picked up a full fmf 4.1 rct system off ebay for $500 shipped. Also saw someone post one for sale not too long ago for $350. Full systems can be had for cheap if you look around and come across a good deal. Sound check at the last race came in at 98db

Edited by mike27t, February 14, 2012 - 02:44 PM.

• mike27t

Posted February 15, 2012 - 06:36 AM

pc ti4 system for $350 (buy it now $500)

http://www.ebay.com/...ff#ht_500wt_949

• Slow250

Posted February 16, 2012 - 06:42 PM

I thought Bill's had faded into obscurity and were only available on Ebay, but there was a test in my last issue of Transworld (if I remember correctly, hasn't been uploaded to their site yet) that rated them well. They're cheap too. Full system for about 400 shipped. Anyone try one yet?

• TwoCrfs

Posted February 18, 2012 - 10:55 PM

I thought Bill's had faded into obscurity and were only available on Ebay, but there was a test in my last issue of Transworld (if I remember correctly, hasn't been uploaded to their site yet) that rated them well. They're cheap too. Full system for about 400 shipped. Anyone try one yet?

Im Interested to know also might get one if there any good.

• kodibear_wc

Posted February 19, 2012 - 04:20 PM

Have you looked at Rocket exhaust. They have completely re-vamp their company in the last 3 years, and all part are Made in the USA. The have options to how long the slip on is and end cap options for noise. They try shooting for the db's you are looking for. Full system steel head pipe and aluminum slip on is about $445.

• arel451

Posted February 23, 2012 - 03:52 PM

I got a great deal on a PC Ti 4. It went on in minutes, comes with a spark arrestor and is rated for 94db. What does it do for the power? I dont know, snows on the ground and the bike's in the basement. I can hardly wait till spring!

• Justin Hambleton

Posted February 23, 2012 - 05:30 PM

If you're going to put a full exhaust on that thing, you should definitely consider remapping the FI to accomodate the high performance pipe. It will create a leaner condition and remapping the FI is an almost must. The FI on the KX is open loop, which means it's not going to automatically adjust for the new exhaust like a closed loop FI would. You can actually get more performance out of the KX by tweaking the FI than you can with just an exhaust. It's pretty amazing what that little computer can do.

The PC and FMF pipes are both great. I run the FMF 4.1 RT w/ Megabomb header for moto and the Powerbomb header for off-road along with two different FI mappings for each condition.

A few shops usually have the FI calibration kit and will remap the ECU for you for usually around $50 or so. You can also just mail the ECU to a place like Precision Concepts and they'll remap it for $69. They've done a bunch of testing and have good maps. That's what you're paying for... lot's and lot's of testing. It's a 5 minute job. AS Racing has a drive-up FI calibration kiosk at his shop in Santa Clarita. Now that's cool.

Edited by Justin Hambleton, February 23, 2012 - 05:45 PM.

• Peattie

Posted February 27, 2012 - 10:40 AM

To the op if you want a loud pipe I woul look at the Lexx. My friend has it on his yz450f and when we go to the track it's for sure the loudest there. And he's running a little rich I think and you can hear the back fire from the other side of the track.

Edited by Peattie, February 27, 2012 - 04:23 PM.

• felix 222

Posted February 27, 2012 - 02:08 PM

I checked out this thread before making my decision too. I ordered the FMF Factory 4.1 w/Megabomb. I'll update in a few rides.

• Kah Ran Nee

Posted February 27, 2012 - 04:12 PM

yes another silly person waiting money on a pipe that could be spent on things that actually help your riding :bonk: i suggest selling the bike and buying a quad.

You, sir, are a Troll.

http://en.wikipedia....roll_(Internet)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Airforks ! what do i need to know ? by fiveseven

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  109 replies
Reviews

Kawasaki KX450F 2013 by ThumperTalk

Kawasaki KX450F 2013
  • 21 reviews
  • Last review by lemer
  • On June 15, 2014
Reviews

Kawasaki KX450F 2011 by ThumperTalk

Kawasaki KX450F 2011
  • 8 reviews
  • Last review by AST
  • On July 08, 2014
Forums
Photo

Texas dirtbike title transfer? by Marksman42

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   South
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

2014 yz450f or 2013 kx450f by yz125rider447

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  61 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.