A few questions on my 06 wr 450

2 replies to this topic
  • Cpriest10

Posted February 12, 2012 - 07:07 AM

So yesterday I picked up an 06 wr 450 that's in pretty good shape with a few minor exceptions. Ok my first question is will the front number plate from a 06 yz 450 fit it?(it has no headlight now). And the second question it's leaking a little antifreeze out of the bottom, after doing a little research I think it's the water pump seal? How hard is that to fix, or how much would I have to pay to get it fixed? And also where could I get the parts to do that? Thanks in advance

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stealth13

Posted February 12, 2012 - 08:16 AM

My 06 leaked a bit out of the hose the first couple times I started it this year, and hasn't since. So make sure it keeps leaking before you pay to have it fixed

• MANIAC998

Posted February 12, 2012 - 09:45 AM

Cpriest, I think your saying it's leaking out of the bottom of the water pump, at the weep hole, correct? If so, then yes, the water pump seal will have to be replaced. It's not all that difficult if you have the manual. Maniac

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.